Update: Violin Concerto

Writing this Violin Concerto has been an interesting project. After reviewing the recording from the concert last June and going over the scores, parts and comments from the performers, I started writing this new work with the idea of further honing my compositional skills. And I think it not only worked, but I ended up with a new piece that is much stronger than the compositions from just a year ago.

1st Movement - Bad Things Happen
2nd Movement - Grief in Suspension
3rd Movement - Moving Beyond

Now that it's finished, or at least to the point of shopping it around, I proud to say there are at least 2 professional violinists considering it. The only drawback is finding an orchestra, but we're working on that too.

Scores are available on request.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Role of Music in Opera

Acclaimed Fauré Quartett returns to Deutsche Grammophon with their first recording of Brahms

Episode 210b: Joyeuse le départ