Timing is everything - and I just missed the boat

Hilary Hahn is one of my favourite performers. While I've not actually seen her in a live performance, I have listened to most of her albums and find her approach to playing violin concertos (even those I'm not particularly fond of) passing wonderful. It only become more frustrating that I've not had the chance to take in a live concert yet.

When she was in the UK earlier this year, I wasn't able to attend as I was in San Francisco. I was just back in the US again last week, but arrived back to the UK on Monday and guess what... Hilary is in San Fran this week!!! Not sure if I can make the premiere of her concert in Indianapolis next February to hear the premiere of Jennifer Higdon's Violin Concerto, but I think I'll start looking at tickets...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acclaimed Fauré Quartett returns to Deutsche Grammophon with their first recording of Brahms

The Role of Music in Opera

Episode 210b: Joyeuse le départ