Home Studio 101: Quick thoughts by Felipe Gonzales
Felipe actually tweeted these gems to the musicians of TwtrSymphony, but they were SO good I had to share
Violin recorded with 1 mic at 1 mt, room by 2 mics. No eq, no edit no plugins.
- Headphones for recording?, Closed Back or In Ear type. On both cases not the cheap ones, here, more $ is better.
- MAC, Windows or Linux OS?, it doesn't matter.If you setup the computer correctly, all of them will perform OK
- Which Audio Interface?, one with at least 1 Mic input and headphones output, USB 2 or Firewire for faster speed.
- An external Audio Interface will sound better than the computer built in, allowing better recordings from you.
- DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) is recording software in your computer. Purchased software options: ProTools, Logic, DP, Cubase.
- More purchased DAW options: Audition, Nuendo, Vegas.
- Some free DAW options: Audacity and Ardour.
Felipe and Garry will get checking in on Twitter throughout Thursday to answer your technical questions. Tweet #TwtrTpc to get an answer.