Win the Complete Mahler Symphonies
One Reader will receive the Complete Mahler Symphonies conducted by Leonard Bernstein.
Interchanging Idioms is working in conjunction with Sony Masterworks to give ONE lucky readers a classic CD - the Complete Mahler Symphonies as conducted by Leonard Bernstein.
The specially priced 12-CD set, Mahler: The Complete Symphonies, features Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic in Mahler’s Symphonies Nos. 1–7 and 9. He conducts the London Symphony Orchestra for Symphony No. 8 (“Symphony of a Thousand”) and the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra for the song-symphony Das Lied von der Erde. The first movement of the unfinished Symphony No. 10 is also included.
When Bernstein decided to record the complete symphonies, the New York Philharmonic already had a profound connection to Mahler. Mahler’s music directorship of the Philharmonic was his last before he died, and he had led the orchestra in many of his own works. In Bernstein’s second season as the Philharmonic’s music director in 1959–60, he chose to preside over a Mahler festival to celebrate the centennial of Mahler’s birth and the 50th anniversary of his appointment as the Philharmonic’s music director. The idea of the recording project was borne of that endeavor.
- To enter your name in the drawing:
- Find a YouTube Video featuring some portion of a Mahler Symphony performance.
- Send an email with the link to the YouTube Video, your name, email address and mailing address to InterchangingIdioms.
- Only one entry per person
- In the case of duplicate videos, the first link received will be included with the drawing.
The YouTube videos will be posted here on Interchanging Idioms so everyone can enjoy the amazing music of Gustav Mahler.
- The contest will run from May 8th until May 31th. On June 1st a random drawing will be held of all successful video submissions.
- One lucky winner will be contacted via email and receive Leonard Bernstein: The Mahler Symphonies a joint release by Sony Masterworks and Carnegie Hall.