If Only People Would Listen to My Music in Comparison to John Adams

John Adams newest CD Son of Chamber Symphony/String Quartet is out and getting rave reviews

The above link gives small samples of John Adams new CD. I agree with the critics (for what little I heard of it online): This is "exhilarating" new music. But I may be a bit biased as I find the music very similar to my own orchestral compositions, particularly with the sense of melody creeping into John's music of late.

Yes, I consider John Adams to be influential in my own music, so you might say my music sounds like his... except that I hadn't heard this latest album before writing a fair number of my most recent pieces.

There are differences between our styles. I think John Adams tends to venture more toward his minimalist past than I do, but the intensity of rhythm and interesting off rhythmic melodies are very much the same.

Congrats John on a wonderful new work!!!

Now, if I can just get conductors and orchestras to look/listen to my music with the same enthusiasm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acclaimed Fauré Quartett returns to Deutsche Grammophon with their first recording of Brahms

The Role of Music in Opera

Episode 210b: Joyeuse le départ