Chorus Rehearsing at Lambert Monday, November 20 to help ease holiday travel stress
Thanksgiving is the busiest, and perhaps most trying travel time of the year. The St. Louis Symphony IN UNISON® Chorus hopes to alleviate some of that transportation stress through the power of music.
On Monday, November 21, conductor Kevin McBeth and the entire IN UNISON Chorus will take their rehearsal on the road, performing for airline passengers at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. The group, comprised of 125 singers from churches across the St. Louis region, will rehearse its upcoming A Gospel Christmas concert at the airport’s new Meet and Greet area, located by the baggage claim carousels.
It’s hoped the rehearsal will help get Lambert travelers in the holiday spirit as they head out for Thanksgiving. The group will begin its rehearsal at 7pm; it’s expected to last about an hour.
Special programs are planned at Powell Hall throughout the month of December and include:
· Thursday, December 8: A Gospel Christmas featuring vocalist Larnelle Harris and the St. Louis Symphony IN UNISON Chorus, conducted by Kevin McBeth.
· December 9-10: Michael W. Smith’s Christmas pairs the contemporary Christian singer with the St. Louis Symphony for two amazing evenings of holiday music.
· December 16-18: The St. Louis Symphony Holiday Celebration is a favorite annual tradition. Come and enjoy fantastic music from the St. Louis Symphony, your favorite carols and even a special surprise or two from Santa. The fun is presented by Macy’s.
· December 29-30: The Movie Music of John Williams will delight movie fans of all ages. Enjoy iconic movie scores performed live by the St. Louis Symphony from favorites such as Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars
· December 31: New Year’s Eve Celebration: Join Music Director David Robertson and the St. Louis Symphony for a magical evening designed to ring in 2012 in style! The concert is presented by M&I Wealth Management.
Tickets for all of the St. Louis Symphony’s holiday concerts may be purchased on-line at www.stlsymphony.org or by phone at 314-534-1700.
In addition, the St. Louis Symphony is offering “gift packages” for Mom, Dad and families. These special ticket deals offer some of the season’s most popular concerts at great prices and are perfect for holiday gift-giving. For more information on the ticket gift packages, visit www.stlsymphony.org