Getting Heard: Trying to Manage all the Online Resources

There was a flurry of resources and options tossed out at me after my post on Getting Heard: Making Noise in a Digital World". I already had this blog and my website, but it seems to really get heard by the general public I need to do more.

My Myspace account wasn't a musician's account so I couldn't effectively post music. In the end I deleted the old account, waited 4 days and made a new one. Because of the cross pollination with Facebook, I had a bunch of friends from the get go. However, there's been almost no traffic to it since I put it up 3 days ago.

My twitter, Facebook and Linked In accounts were already really active. But managing them is a chore, even with all the linking apps they have. So, I added TweetDeck to my desktop to keep on track of whose saying what where, and make relevant posts, re-tweets and comments as necessary.

Add to this I'm also up on Google+ which isn't very active yet... but, knowing Google it will be.

I've had accounts with 4shared and Box.net, but until today I wasn't up on SoundCloud. The first two accounts were so I could share music files with interested parties. But, once my website was up it became much easier to just post the mp3 files and player up there, plus I could add a page with a description, program notes, images and even link to paypal if someone wanted to buy the printed music. We'll see how well SoundCloud does in terms of music exposure.

Reverbnation is a site I've yet to tackle, but next on my list. If anyone has any other sites they use (and find effective), I'd love to hear about them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acclaimed Fauré Quartett returns to Deutsche Grammophon with their first recording of Brahms

The Role of Music in Opera

Episode 210b: Joyeuse le départ