Fresh from Japan with the NHK Symphony Orchestra, Spanish conductor Pablo Heras-Casado launched September with the Orchestre National de Bordeaux, conducted his debut with Zurich's Tonhalle Orchestra and returned to the Collegium Novum Zurich. Earlier this month he led the orchestra at London's Royal Academy of Music, Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte Carlo in Monaco, and Klangforum Vienna in Parma, Italy. The versatile 31-year-old has a number of significant debuts in the coming months, culminating at the Hollywood Bowl: his re-engagement with the Los Angeles Philharmonic next summer.
- Oct. 24: BBC Philharmonic debut; Manchester, UK (Mendelssohn, Dvorak, Beethoven)
- Dec. 15: Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France (Schubert: Sym. No. 7 - DVD for Naïve)
- Jan. 9: Orquesta Nacional de Espana debut; Spain
- Feb-Mar.: English National Opera debut (L'Elisir d'Amore; Jonathan Miller, dir.)
- Apr. 8 & 9: Danish National Symphony Orchestra; (Nielsen, Chopin, Holst)
- June-July: Welsh National Opera debut (Simon Keenlyside's first Rigoletto; James MacDonald, dir.)
- July: Hollywood Bowl debut; Los Angeles Philharmonic (all-Beethoven)